- Go the Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example: Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties
– If you are using Ethernet LAN cable, to change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties
– If you are using Wireless, to change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
For IPv4: 22.214.171.124 and/or 126.96.36.199
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Test that your setup is working correctly (From your browser, type in a hostname, such as http://www.google.com. If it resolves correctly, bookmark the page, and try accessing the page from the bookmark. If both of these tests work, everything is working correctly)