When attempting to login as Administrator to osCommerce Online Merchant, you may encounter the message: “Error: The maximum number of login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 5 minutes.” The error message may recur for an extended period of time beyond five minutes which results in being unable to login as administrator. Although not stated in the error message, this error message may actually indicate a corrupt installation of osCommerce Online Merchant. You may need to backup the osCommerce Online Merchant MySQL database and reinstall the application. However if the issue is simply an incorrect Administrator Username and/or incorrect Administrator Password, you can reset the Administrator Username and Administrator Password using the following steps:
To reset osCommerce Online Merchant Administrator Username and Administrator Password, please perform the following steps:
- Using PHPMyAdmin login to MySQL.
- Backup the MySQL database.
- Truncate the tables: administrators, action_recorder and sessions.
- Using a web browser, browse to the osCommerce Online Merchant Admin directory.
- When prompted, set the new Administrator Username.
- When prompted, set the new Administrator Password.
- Login using your newly created credentials.
This issue has been resolved.